Technische Universität Berlin
Marc Alexa heads the Computer Graphics group at TU Berlin and is known for his work in creating, processing, and manufacturing shapes, as well as intuitive interfaces for these tasks, for which he has been awarded numerous cross-disciplinary awards and prizes, including those from the European Research Council, Apple Inc., the DFG, Walt Disney Animation Studios, the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences. He is also a regular member of editorial boards such as Computational Visual Media (Springer), Computer Aided Geometric Design (Elsevier) and Computer Graphics Forum (Blackwell). Alexa is also Program Chair of the Association for Computing Machinery’s Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, Eurographics, and the Association for Computing Machinery Symposium on Sketch-based Interfaces and Modeling.
1. Eitz, M., Jays, J. and M. Alexa. “How Do Humans Sketch Objects?” ACM Transactions on Graphics 31, no. 4 (2012): 44:1-44:10.
2. Eitz, M., Richter, R., Boubekeur, T., Hildebrand, K. and M. Alexa. “Sketch-based Shape Retrie- val.” ACM Transactions on Graphics 31, no. 4 (2012): 31:1-31:10.
3. Alexa, M and M. Wardetzky. “Discrete Laplacians on general polygonal meshes.” ACM Trans- actions on Graphics 30, no. 4 (2011): 102:1-102:10.
4. Öztireli, C., Alexa, M and M. Gross. “Spectral sampling of manifolds.” ACM Trans. Graph. 29, no. 6 (2010): 168:1-168:8.
5. Alexa, M. and W. Matusik. “Reliefs as images.” ACM Transactions on Graphics 29, no.4 (2010): 1-7.
6. Boubekeur, T., and M. Alexa. “Phong Tessellation.” ACM Transactions on Graphics 27, no. 5 (2008): 141.
7. Nealen, A., Igarashi, T., Sorkine, O. and M. Alexa. “FiberMesh: Designing Freeform Surfaces with 3D Curves.” ACM Transactions on Graphics 26, no. 3 (2007): article 41.
8. Nealen, A., Sorkine, O., Alexa, M., and D. Cohen-Or. “A Sketch-Based Interface for Detail-Pre- serving Mesh Editing.” ACM Transactions on Computer Graphics 24, no. 3 (2005): 1142-1147.
9. Sorkine, O., Alexa, M., et al. “Laplacian Surface Editing.” In Proceedings of the 2004 Euro- graphics/ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Geometry processing (SGP ‚04), 175-184. New York: ACM, 2004
10. Alexa, M., Behr, J., et al. “Computing and Rendering Point Set Surfaces.” IEEE Transactions on Computer Graphics and Visualization 9, no. 1 (2003): 3-15.