Universität der Künste Berlin
Christoph Gengnagel, professor for Structural Design and Engineering at UdK Berlin, has particular expertise in the physical and digital prototyping of new structural and material systems as well as new concepts for computational design and simulation techniques. He is also one of the founders of the Design Modeling Symposium, an international conference and accompanying publication that is considered one of the most influential intellectual discourses in digital architecture and engineering today. Gengnagel has received numerous grants for research projects from the DFG (German Research Council), Einstein Foundation, The European Social Fund and Danish Council for Independent Research.
1. De Rycke, K., Gengnagel, C., Burry J. et al., eds. Humanizing Digital Reality., Proceedings of the Design Modeling Symposium Paris 2017. Paris: Springer, 2017.
2. Gengnagel, C. and C. Quinn. “Large Deformations- On the Design of Strained Grid Shells.” In GAM 12: Structural Affairs- Opportunities and Perspectives for Cooperation in Planning, Design and Construction, 169–189. Basel: Birkhäuser, 2016.
3. Quinn G., Holden Deleuran, A., Piker, D., Tamke, M., Ramsgaard Thomsen, M. and C. Gengnagel. “Calibrated and Interactive Modelling of Form-Active Hybrid Structures.” In IASS Annual Symposium 2016 Spatial Structures in the 21st Century, 1-9. Tokyo: IASS, 2016.
4. Ramsgaard Thomsen M., Tamke, M., Gengnagel, C., et al., eds. Modelling Behaviour, Proceedings of the Design Modeling Symposium Copenhagen 2015. Berlin: Springer, 2015
5. Gengnagel, C. et al. “Natural-fibre-reinforced plastics in actively bent structures.” Proceedings of the ICE - Construction Materials 166, no. 6 (2013): 365-377.
6. Lienhard, J., Gengnagel, C. et al. “Active Bending, A Review on Structures where Bending is used as a Self-Formation Process.” International Journal of Space Structures 28, no. 3 (2013): 187-196.
7. Lafuente Hernández, E., Baverel, O. and C. Gengnagel. “On the Design and Construction of Elastic Gridshells with Irregular Meshes.” International Journal of Space Structures 28, no. 3 (2013): 161-174.
8. Kotelnikova-Weiler, N., C. Gengnagel, et al. “Materials for Actively-Bent Structures.” International Journal of Space Structures 28, no. 3 (2013): 229-240.
9. Alpermann H. and C. Gengnagel. “Membranversteifte Bogentragwerke.” In STAHLBAU 8/2009, 531–536. Berlin: Ernst & Sohn Verlag für Architektur und technische Wissenschaften GmbH & Co. KG, Berlin, 2009.
10. Elsheikh A. and C. Gengnagel. “Structural Assessment of Rapid Deployment Canopy Structure.” Advances in Structural Engineering 9, no. 2 (2006): 241-256.