Universität der Künste Berlin
Enrique Sobejano is professor for Principles of Design at UdK Berlin and founder of the architectural practice Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos, with offices in Madrid and Berlin. His major built works include important museums (Moritzburg/Halle, San Telmo/San Sebastian, Contemporary Art Centre and Madinat al-Zahra, Córdoba). His architectural practice has been the recipient of the 2008 National Prize for Restoration from the Spanish Ministry of Culture and the 2010 Nike Prize issued by the Bund Deutscher Architekten (BDA), as well as the Aga Khan Award for Architecture in 2010, the Piranesi Prix de Rome in 2011, the European Museum of the Year Award and the Hannes Meyer Prize (2012) and, Alvar Aalto Medal (2015) and the FAIA Honorary Fellowships of the American Institute of Architects (2015). PI Sobejano will work together with PIs Bonvicini, Ranner and Grzymala in evaluating the new digital tools of the MMD-Lab, while working with their student classes of architecture, design and media art.
a) Solo Exhibitions
1. Sobejano, E. Tabula – The Arvo Pärt Centre in Estonia. Aedes Gallery. Berlin, Germany, 2017.
2. Sobejano, E. The Window and the Mirror. Museum of Estonian Architecture, Tallinn, Estonia, 2015.
3. Sobejano, E. Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos. MAST Bologna, Italy, 2014.
4. Sobejano, E. Memory and Invention. Architekturgalerie München, Germany, 2013.
5. Sobejano, E. Arquitectura Concreta. Kunsthaus Graz, Austria, 2008.
b) Group Exhibitions
6. Sobejano, E. Biennale di Archittetura Venezia. Venice, Italy, 2012. (also in 2000, 2002, 2006)
7. Sobejano, E. On Site. New Architecture in Spain. Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), New York, USA, 2006.
c) Texts (Selection):
8. Sobejano, E. NS Fuensanta Nieto Enrique Sobejano Architetture. Milan: Electa Architecttura, 2014.
9. Sobejano, E. Nieto Sobejano. Memory and Invention. Ostfildern: Hatje Cantz Verlag, 2013
10. Sobejano, E. “Combinatorial Architecture.” In Computational Design Modeling, 55-61. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer, 2011.