Universität der Künste Berlin
PI: Interactions and Interfaces for Shaping Space
PI: Intervention and Participation in Space
Hito Steyerl is a Professor for Experimental Film and Video at the Universität der Künste Berlin. She is an internationally renowned artist whose work explores the impact of the Internet and digitization on the fabric of our everyday lives, and is expressed through media art, performance, video installation and film. Steyerl has a PhD from the Akademie der bildenden Künste Wien (Austria), and her work has been shown internationally in galleries and museums such as MOMA and MOMA PS1, Whitney Museum of American Art, Art Institute Chicago, Institute of Modern Art Brisbane (Australia) and the Museum of Contemporary Art Los Angeles. In 2017 she was named as the most influential person in art by ArtReview for that year.
a) Solo Exhibitions
1. Steyerl, H. Factory of the Sun. Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, USA, 2016.
2. Steyerl, H. Too Much World. Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane, Australia, 2015.
3. Steyerl, H. focus: Hito Steyerl. Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, USA, 2012.
b) Group Exhibitions
4. Steyerl, H. São Paulo Biennial. São Paulo, Brasil, 2017.
5. Steyerl, H. Berlin Biennale. Berlin, Germany / Dreamlands, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, USA, 2016.
6. Steyerl, H. Political Populism. 56th Venice Biennale, Italy, 2015.
7. Steyerl, H. Cut to Swipe. Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2014.
8. Steyerl, H. Image Employment. MoMA PS1, Long Island City, 2013.
9. Steyerl, H. Too Much World. Berlin: Steinberg Press, 2015.
10. Steyerl, H. “Die leere Mitte.” In Stuff it: The Video Essay in the Digital Age, edited by U. Biemann, 46-54. New York: Springer, 2003.